Monday, May 21, 2007

Hey! Welcome! Yeah!

There's not a lot for me to say to get the ball rolling. I'm a college student who listens to a lot of music and watches a lot of dumb movies and a few good ones. I'm an English major; I write a lot. Anywho... I'm going to try to divide my posts into distinct categories by subject. A few examples of these categories include, but are not limited to: "This Week In Wu-Tang", "Good Songs People Forget About", "Underrated/Overrated", "It Is TV. It's HBO", and "Things I Like and Dislike About Ron Howard and His Family". Feel free to comment.
The title of this blog is "From Tha Chuuuch To Da Palace, Hopefully". I feel as if I should explain. It steals the title of an unsuccessful Snoop Dogg album, one that is not very good at all. Personally, I always wondered what the hell it meant. Is Snoop Dogg making heads nod everywhere from the church to the palace (maybe one in the Middle East)? Has he ascended from a poor church boy to the king of g-funk rap? Is he making some sort of subtle comment on the separation of church and state (or separation of chuuuch and White Houuuse)? Does he just like churches and palaces on roughly the same level? Whatever the meaning of the title, it is clearly something really cool, judging by the consistency of cool things found in Snoop Dogg album titles ("Tha Blue Carpet Treatment", "Rhythm & Gangsta: The Masterpiece", and "Doggystyle" -- what's cooler than blue carpets, masterpieces, and doggystyle? nothing.). Therefore, I want this blog to strive for the awesomeness that this weird phrase clearly represents. One day, I shall go from tha chuuuch to da palace... hopefully.

No comments: